Remember Han Solo’s frantic escapes in space in the original “Star Wars” movie series? Chewbacca would roar in frustration, and Solo would furiously flip switches. Suddenly, the creaking Millennium Falcon would jump into warp speed, leaving the Empire forces to eat cosmic dust.
What if something put that same sort of firepower behind your journey down the path to your OolaLife? We call that kind of firepower gratitude, and when it is firmly grounded in pure love, this OolaAccelerator puts you on the fast track to finding your Oola.
As you successfully strike a balance in your life, you will undoubtedly find reasons to give thanks. You’re setting goals and taking action in the seven key areas of life–fitness, finance, family, field, faith, friends and fun. That state of awesomeness is settling in.
When you find yourself grateful for the difficult times that come your way, you know you’re really tapping into your Oola. Love is the key that unlocks the abundance you deserve, and gratitude is the doorway from which it comes.
How do you develop this attitude of gratitude? Strap yourself in and prepare for take-off with these 5 tips:
- Consider one of the low points you experienced on the road to OolaLife. What deep lessons did you learn from it? What did you take from it, good or bad, that left you better prepared for what might come your way? In all things, be grateful and have faith.
- Write it down. Keep a gratitude journal and write in it every night for the next 30 days. Reflect upon your day. Write down 3 good things that happened to you that day, and be specific. Some days are to be celebrated, others simply endured, but in all days be grateful.
- Look for the little things and the quiet moments that come amid fearful ones. Maybe you appreciate the quiet mornings with a warm cup of coffee that allows you to reach deep and draw on your reserves. Has your faith carried you through an especially difficult time? Have you been able to do something you never thought possible? Focus on these moments with a grateful heart and show appreciation for the uncomfortable situations that challenge you to not just know your faith, but to show it.
- Get lost in the blessed moments. Instead of focusing on the things that are missing from your life, take a few moments each day to look around and be thankful for the simple, yet beautiful things in your life that you take for granted.
- Thank the kind-hearted people who can turn your day around. Identify the people who have been there for you in tough times. Did someone give you their undivided attention and words of encouragement at the moment you needed it most? Were they nearby when you just needed someone to talk to? Now turn around and be that person to someone else. Finding a way to give something back is the ultimate expression of gratitude.